Monday, November 21, 2016

My 15 Favorite Rollercoasters- A Google Map by Jacob Bacci

One of the few joys in my life that does not involve screens is Rollercoasters. If you noticed the title of my tribe’s blog, I named it “Millenial Force”, since our tribe had no other ideas, and as the blog designer, I chose to give a callout to my favorite coaster, Millennium Force. Since the major part of this project is a list of fifteen of my favorite coasters (I actually would have put more in, but I decided 15 is a plentiful number, and it sounded nice for a list.), I would like to list all of the theme parks I have been to and any coasters I did not go on (Denoted by DNR) and when my latest visit was:

2016: Cedar Point, Kings Island
2015: Kennywood, Six Flags Magic Mountain (DNR: Ninja, Goliath), Disney’s California Adventure/Disneyland (DNR: Goofy’s Sky School), Legoland Carlsbad, Seaworld San Diego
2014: HersheyPark
2013: Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Disney World (Florida, All properties), Universal Orlando (Both properties) (DNR: Dueling Dragons- Chinese Fireball)
2012: Dollywood

This list is made for the reason that I know people can be opinionated on coasters, and you might have been on a coaster that opened after (or closed during) my latest visit (I.E. Dollywood- Lightning Rod). Also, we have probably been to different parks, so I might not have yet rode a certain coaster (I.E. Six Flags Great Adventure- Nitro). I have not listed any coasters that are no longer in operation as of my latest visit, and I will not be listing any kiddie coasters.
Also: If I seem biased to Cedar Point, let it be said that everyone can have a bias. Now go back to your HersheyPark and Kennywood bias!



Here is a playlist of all 15 coasters Point of View videos (what a coaster looks like from the front seats). I have made sure to find videos where the camera does not shake around. The only one I could not find a really good video of was California Screamin’. Don’t bother trying to listen to the soundtrack, as it is easily overpowered by the noisy coaster. Since it was the last ride on the list, I added the soundtrack as a bonus video.
A word of advice before you go into the playlist: If you do not want to take any chances on motion sickness, DO NOT WATCH ON HIGH FRAME RATE! If you get sick due to high frame rates (like me), I am guaranteeing you that these videos will make you vomit!

No comments:

Post a Comment